In the veterinary clinic "Little Brothers Hospital" it is possible to perform a complete blood and urine analysis using the latest and most modern laboratory technology equipment in the world. The clinic has purchased an IDEXX veterinary laboratory, which allows to accurately and quickly determine all the important blood hematology and biochemical parameters, to diagnose diseases (pathological processes) using specific tests, as well as to perform a complete urine analysis for various diseases (pathological processes) in the body. All laboratory systems in the veterinary clinic "Little Brothers Hospital" are connected in a single information technology network, so that it is possible to analyze the obtained information about your pet's health condition and possible treatment plan during the body's recovery as accurately and comprehensively as possible.
We present to you the specification of the new laboratory system of the veterinary clinic "Little Brothers Hospital":
IDEXX Laser Cyte Hematology Analyzer
The IDEXX Laser Cyte Hematology Analyzer is equipped with a laser system technology device that allows the most accurate determination of the number of blood components in a blood sample in the world. The absolute number of reticulocytes in a blood sample can be accurately determined by an automated system and it is possible to differentiate whether an animal has a regenerative or non-regenerative form of anemia.
How is the blood haematological analysis determined?
1. A blood sample is placed in the Laser Cyte Analyzer;
2. Customer and patient information is entered;
3. The IDEXX Laser Cyte test (sample to be analyzed) button is pressed and the result is displayed on the IDEXX Laser Cyte display within a few minutes.
The IDEXX Laser Cyte system itself analyzes the information obtained and provides additional information to the veterinarian, the health status of the examined animal and possible differential diagnoses of the body's disease.
What blood haematological parameters can be determined in a blood test sample?
We determine blood hematocrit, erythrocyte count, hemoglobin count, leukocyte count, reticulocyte count and percentage, lymphocyte count and percentage, monocyte count and percentage, eosinophil count and percentage, basophil count and percentage, and platelet count, etc. blood haematological parameters.
IDEXX VetTest blood biochemical analyzer
With the IDEXX VetTest veterinary blood biochemical analyzer it is possible to determine all the necessary blood biochemical parameters in order to make an accurate diagnosis of an animal's disease (pathological process) and to analyze the general health of the diseased organism.
How does a biochemical analysis of a blood sample take place?
1. A blood sample is inserted into the IDEXX Vet Test System Analyzer and client and patient information is entered;
2. Biochemical parameters to be determined in a blood sample are entered into the analyzer of the IDEXX Vet Test system;
3. The IDEXX Vet Test System Analyzer button is pressed and the result is displayed on the dashboard within a few minutes.
Using blood biochemicals, the IDEXX Vet Test System itself analyzes the information obtained and provides complete information about the patient's health.
What blood biochemical parameters can be determined with the IDEXX VetTest Blood Biochemical Analyzer?
It is possible to fully determine all blood-specific biochemical parameters: liver, kidney, cardiovascular, pancreas, excretory system, etc. biochemical parameters of blood of organ systems in cases of pathological processes (diseases) in the body.
IDEXX SNAPshot Dx analyzer system
With the help of the IDEXX SNAPshot Dx analyzer system, it is possible to quickly and accurately detect various diseases of the organism (pathological processes) using specific laboratory tests. The IDEXX SNAPshot Dx Analyzer System can analyze multiple blood samples simultaneously.
What specific tests can be detected with the IDEXX SNAPshot Dx Analyzer System in the event of a patient's illness?
1. SNAP T4 test:
- blood plasma samples are analyzed within 15 minutes;
- The diagnosis of hypothyroidism in the body is accurately determined and diagnosed;
- The required course of treatment in case of hypothyroidism is precisely determined.
2. SNAP Cortisol test:
- Cushing's and Addison's syndrome is accurately determined in the body;
- The required course of treatment for the sick patient has been precisely determined;
- The proven result is automatically integrated into the patient file of the computer system.
3. SNAP FIV / FeLV combined test:
- These two dangerous diseases in the body are accurately identified from a single blood sample.
4. SNAP test for the determination of bile acids in the body:
- The functional state of the body's liver system is determined accurately and quickly;
- The latent (hidden) condition of the liver system in the body has been identified;
- Possible proto-ischemic shunt states in the body of the organism's portocaval system have been determined;
- The required course of treatment for proto-ischemic shunt conditions in the body has been precisely determined.
- The required course of treatment has been precisely determined.
IDEXX promises that in the near future, many other laboratory-specific tests for the analysis of various other cases of the body's diseases will be available at the veterinary clinic "Little Brothers Hospital".
IDEXX VetLyte system electrolyte analyzer
With the help of the IDEXX VetLyte system analyzer in the veterinary clinic "Little Brothers Hospital" it is possible to determine the amount of electrolytes (potassium, sodium, chloride, etc.) in the blood sample. Thus, with the determined amount of electrolyte levels in the peripheral blood circulation system, we can accurately select the required course of solution therapy for the sick patient, determine various diseases (pathological processes) in the body, as well as analyze the animal's general health before general anesthesia (prescribed) . By performing emergency veterinary assistance, it is possible to accurately respond to the health condition of the diseased organism and the subsequent veterinary course of treatment of the diseased patient.
How is the blood tested with the IDEXX VetLyte system?
1. Customer and patient information is entered;
2. IDEXX VetLyte system special sample door opens and the sample is automatically aspirated;
3. After 35 seconds, the result is displayed on the IDEXX VetLyte system display.
At what clinical signs of the body's disease is the IDEXX VetLyte electrolyte analyzer used?
1. Hypokalaemia - chronic vomiting and diarrhea, Cushing's syndrome and complications of corticosteroid use in the body;
2. Hyperkalaemia - acute and chronic renal failure, Addison's disease, urinary tract obstruction and diabetic keto acidosis;
3. Hyponatremias - chronic vomiting and diarrhea, kidney failure and Addison's disease;
4. Hypernatremia - increased amount of salt intake in the body, in case of vomiting and loss of diarrheal fluid, decreased sodium levels in the peripheral blood circulation, in diabetes, in case of Cushing's syndrome in the body;
5. Hypochloremia - metabolic alkaloses;
6. Hyperchloraemia - diarrhea, renal failure, diabetic ketoacidosis and poisoning by ethylene glycol (car coolant).
IDEXX VetLAb UA System (Urine) Analyzer
With the help of the analyzer of this laboratory system, it is possible to determine an accurate and complete urine analysis in the veterinary clinic "Little Brothers Hospital". The system itself analyzes the obtained information and provides additional information to the veterinarian, about the health condition of the examined animal and possible differential diagnoses of the organism's disease.
How is urine analyzed in the VetLAb UA laboratory system?
1. A urine sample is applied to the strip;
2. It is inserted into the VetLAb UA system analyzer;
3. They press the start button of the VetLAb UA analyzer and the analysis is performed for an average of 70 seconds.
What parameters of urine analysis can be determined?
The amount of leukocytes, nitrates, protein and glucose in the urine, as well as the amount of ketones, urobilinogen, bilirubin, blood and hemoglobin in the urine sample to be examined are determined accurately and quickly.